Thursday, November 09, 2006
CSI --- Blood, blood everywhere!



{Kopi} I need blood transfusion, quick!

Remember I was telling you about my encounter with UTI?
It's bad... porky soup did not work to cure me.

Ma & Pa reeled in shock when I peed blood on Sunday, 6pm. I was rushed to the vet within 20 mins (they have to close their shutters at 7pm SHARP! No compassion at all!). The vet tried feeling my bladder and stuck her fingers to feel my prostate! wth.. who gave you permission to.. to.. stuck it in? Eeewww...

Anyway, cut.. cut my very looong story short.. the vet needed me to take some xray shots of my bladder for stones! She showed this BIG, fifty cent coin size bladder stone to my Ma & Pa, and that got them very worried. And you know what's the silliest thing? This clinic does not have any xray facilities. So, Ma and Pa had to bring me to another vet the next day.

Home was a place that looked like a scene out of CSI episode. Blood dripped everywhere whenever I peed.

Phew! We went for the xray the next day, and thank my lucky "bones"... no bladder stones were found. Vet said for Ma and Pa to monitor my urine the next 10 days with the heavy antibiotics and anti-swelling medication. My bladder lining seems swollen and possibly one of the blood vessels burst which resulted in the gory scene at home.

So for now.. it's a wait and see period. If blood is still present in my urine after 10 days, Ma and Pa will have to bring me for an ultrasound. YIKES! I dun want... that at all! Must shave my tummy BALD to do the ultrasound scans! Just when I thought my 'Botak' days are over...

Ma... maybe the porky soup will give me more nutrients to purge out the bacteria in my bladder? heh heh....

posted by Kopimilo 6:15 PM  
 
3 Comments:
  • At 1:08 AM, Blogger Toby said…

    Hi Kopi...nice to meet you. I'm sorry your going through some health problems right now. I hope they can figure out what's wrong so you can be all healthy and strong again. Don't worry if you have to get ultrasound...it doesn't hurt! I had one a few months ago... It wasn't so bad. Oh, it did take a long time though...almost an hour! But trust me, you won't feel a thing. Take care and get better soon!

    Toby

     
  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger BigBrownBearBear said…

    so scary....Bear hopes u get well soon and see you at the doggie run.

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger eneres said…

    OMG.. is Kopi ok now? When I see the blood, i felt pain for him leh... i can't imagine this happen to Georgi, I think I will faint!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home

Adventures of Kopi & Milo

About Me
Name: 2 cocker spaniels, Kopi & Milo Kopimilo
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Porky Soup for My Soul...
Who is the Culprit??
Oooohhhh.... Shiok!
A little puppy named Spunky...
Botak!!
All the sniffs made us...
Pa made me upset...
More shots, Ma!
Disneyland - Bah!
They don't call me 'Vampire' for nothing...
Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
Links
Herbie The Wonderful Golden
The Fearsome Rottie
Jaffe Boy
Scuba The Muscle Boy
Joey the JRT
Georgi Boy
Dog Forum - Cocker Spaniels Unite!

 

About This Blog

Who says Dogs can't write their own biographies?

 

3 Words to describe Kopi

Somniphobic, Autophobic and really barky!

 

3 Words to describe Milo

Ablutophobic, Rhabdophobic and really greedy!